Parallel to the lectures and exercises, the students work on the P1 and P2 projects under the leadership of the design chairs. The projects form the actual exercise for structural design and further structural planning. The members of the Chair of Structural Engineering as well as lecturers from practice supervise the project teams in weekly corrections. Targeted excursions and lectures by planners and executors additionally expand the knowledge and visual basis for the projects.
Structural Design in Project 1
- Development of structural designs for residential buildings, taking into account use, building form, material and structural design.
- Presentation of the structural design in ground plan and section as well as structural description.
- Pre-dimensioning of essential structural elements.
- Static calculation of the roof construction and preparation of the corresponding implementation plans.
Development of structural designs for hall/skeleton structures
- Design of the supporting structure and development of variants
- Discussion of the variants, taking into account the use and form of the structure as well as the material, constructional design and manufacture
- Presentation of the structural designs in ground plan, section and isometry as well as structural description
- Pre-dimensioning and preliminary design of the main load-bearing elements
- Verification of the building stiffening